This section is responsible for quality of care of health services delivered by public and private facilities. It facilitates quality improvement activities of District Hospitals, Primary Health Care Centres, Health Posts and other public health facilities. It is also responsible for regulating private hospitals between 51 to 200 beds and implements broader activities related to health facility development.
- strengthening the national health sector quality assurance system in collaboration with divisions, centers, RHDs and other stakeholders;
- facilitating the upgrading of government health institutions;
- supervising and monitoring quality assurance as per standard guidelines and protocols in coordination with the Program Monitoring and Evaluation Section;
- conducting studies and research to improve the quality of health care; and
- processing approvals for opening new hospitals under NGOs and the private sector including nursing homes of 51 to 200 beds and their renewal.