About Management Division
Management Division (MD) is responsible for planning, integrated supervision, monitor programme implementation status and carry out periodic performance reviews. Information management, building construction and maintenance of public health institutions, monitoring and evaluation of health programmes and quality assurance of health services. These functions are carried out in close coordination with each of the respective programme divisions within the DoHS. Management Division aims to establish of a functional linkage among different information systems through appropriate use of technology to foster better use of information for monitoring and planning.This Division is also responsible for the management of environmental health and health related waste. This division functions with its four sections namely Logistics Management Section, Environmental Health and health waste management Section, Infrastructure Development Section and Integrated Health Information Management Section.
- Facilitate and coordinate among concerned divisions and centres to prepare annual plans, programmes and to make necessary arrangements to get approval from the National Planning Commission (NPC) and MoF.
- Make arrangements for the preparation and compilation of annual budgets and programmes of regional health directorates, DHOS and DPHOs.
- Support quality improvements in the health sector.
- Manage the HMIS
- Manage and coordinate the construction and maintenance of buildings and other public health infrastructure including the maintenance of biomedical equipment.
- Process for approval the establishment of private and non-government health institutions.
- Process for approval new public health institutions and their upgrades.
- Make arrangements for capacity building of human resources in public health
- Support information technology related to health information, dissemination and management.